Thursday, October 28, 2010

Around Chile in 10 days

I have been having too much fun to update this dang blog but I promise I will when I get back from my "vacations." ( It is more like a vacation within a vacation, because let's be real I've maybe put in and hour and a half of studying TOTAL since school started.)
Tonight I am headed up to San Pedro de Atacama, a town located in the world's driest desert- The Atamaca. I'll be there for five full days before heading down to the end of the world, or Northern Patagonia. (Okay, there is Southern Patagonia which might put me closer to the end of the world but it is definitely the closest I'll ever get to Antarctica!)
I'll experience the two extremes during my ten day trip- the driest place on the planet to one of the wettest. (Packing is going to be a nightmare..)
I've been losing sleep dreaming about this trip for the past few weeks and can't to share pictures.

I'll include a few internet shots of my destinations so that you dear reader can too share in my enthusiasm. The locations are pretty self explanatory...





2 comments:

  1. Did you take these photos-OMG!!! I want to be there-now.
    Don't worry about doing little or no school work while you are there. Your dad set a good standard when he was in Grenoble-not sure he ever actually found the school!!??
    Enjoy it all while you are there.....the lake looks a bit like Lake Atitlan in Guatemala...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shocked, Hennessy. You have not studied a lick since you arrived? Are you trying to say that you are "learning from experience?" What poppy-cock. Classrooms and books are the only place to learn. When I was in Grenoble, I lived in the library. My nickname there was "oh studious one." Hard to translate that into French! Yahoo! Love every moment and send some photos. xxo Dad Pazpo

    ReplyDelete