Thursday, October 14, 2010

CHI-CHI-CHI-LE-LE-LE VIVA CHILE!

As I hope everyone knows by now, the last of the 33 entrapped miners was rescued last night! Pulled up over 2,000 feet in a rocket-like capsule, each miner arrived to emotional family members, the President himself, and a modified version of Chile's national chant:
CHI-CHI-CHI, LE-LE-LE LOS MINEROS DE CHILE!

(I wonder what they did when the lone Bolivian emerged...)

It was such an emotional event to watch on TV- every single rescue was just as wonderful as the last, and I admit I got a little teary-eyed more than once. All of Chile is celebrating the miracle and the lives of "Los 33." After the devastating earthquake, it is so special that Chile gets to be a part of something so amazing.

Though I know that these men's lives have certainly been changed forever, I hope they can recover, both physically and mentally. For now, they deserve a nice hot bath, time with family, and lots of publicity free rest!

VIVA CHILE!

Hennessy

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you are having such a great adventure...good spirit to keep for your whole life-gives you stories to tell which is what really brings us all together at the end of the day

    ReplyDelete